Heavy consumption of the essential amino acid lysine (as indicated in the treatment of cold sores) has allegedly shown false positives in some and was cited by American shotputter C. J. Hunter as the reason for his positive test, though in 2004 he admitted to a federal grand jury that he had injected nandrolone.  A possible cause of incorrect urine test results is the presence of metabolites from other AAS, though modern urinalysis can usually determine the exact steroid used by analyzing the ratio of the two remaining nandrolone metabolites. As a result of the numerous overturned verdicts, the testing procedure was reviewed by UK Sport . On October 5, 2007, three-time Olympic gold medalist for track and field Marion Jones admitted to use of the drug, and was sentenced to six months in jail for lying to a federal grand jury in 2000. 
Some of the side effects that are unique only to the use of this compound are:
• Insomnia or sleep disturbance.
• Physiological effects such as increased irritability and aggression.
• Increased perspiration especially at night.
• Erectile dysfunction and low libido.
• Tren-cough –it is a nickname that is attributed to a state whereby a person will experience a coughing fit that ranges from mild to intense immediately after they are injected with acetate trenbolone.
• Reduced cardiovascular and pulmonary activity.
• Increased liver and kidney stress.
• Reduced aerobic function
Note that Trenbolone isn’t recommended for women. The steroid has virilizing effects like increased body and facial hair, voice deepening as well as clitoral enlargement.